Gyanada Fellowship Program
Applications are now open for Gyanada’s Fellowship Program. Here’s all you need to know to become a Gyanada Fellow.
- Young Professionals or Fresh Graduates
- Age 20-32 (as on date of commencement of programme)
- Indian citizens
- Students who are in the final year of their undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Decent academic record and extra-curricular engagement
- Decent written and verbal communication skills
The Fellowship promotes diversity and applicants from all areas of specialisation are encouraged to apply, although preference will be give to candidates with a background in content and media management. While applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English.
Given the unique nature of the programme there is no “one” kind of profile for a Gyanada Fellow. However, at this point we are specifically looking for someone who would contribute to TGF in terms of content and social media management. A Gyanada Fellow- Content and Social Media could be someone who has:
- A deep-rooted ambition to solve problems and make an impact on society.
- Relevant past exposure or experience in any kind of content management.
- Ability to increase TGF’s visibility on various social media platforms.
- Ability to understand and relate to the kind of work TGF does and believes in.
- Passion for an idea or issue which could have wider social/business/academic implications
- Leverage the ability of the girl child to create a difference within society, and the ability to actively take up challenges and issues surfacing in girl child education.
- Openness to learn and adapt to the challenges and working environment of a growing non-profit organization.
- Participate in TGF’s project activities from time to time to document the same.
- The willingness to think differently and chart a new course for promoting the work of TGF on various platforms.
- Ability to draft reports and newsletter at regular intervals from time to time for circulation, publication and reporting to donors.
- Qualities of integrity, self-awareness, energy, initiative and open-mindedness.
Applicants are required to submit a detailed application with their updated CV and a cover letter (max 500 words) stating what interests them in the program and why should they be given this opportunity. The selection process includes the following stages: evaluation of the submitted application, telephone interview, a short on-the-spot essay writing test followed by a personal interview.
There is no application fee to apply to the programme.
The selection process will be carried out in four stages:
- Application Assessment: All applications are reviewed by the selection committee consisting of trustees and executive members of the programme. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of their academic performance through school and college and their involvement in extra-curricular activities. Their interests and concerns along with their thoughts and motivation for a meaningful life and societal upliftment as expressed in their essays also make an impression on the reviewer’s mind.
- Telephonic Interview: Short-listed applicants are interviewed on the telephone before they are called for an in-person interview. Candidates will be notified in advance about when the telephonic interview will take place. It is typically a conversation regarding the information that the candidate has mentioned on their application and may include a discussion about their areas of interests. Most telephonic interviews will not be longer than 15 – 20 minutes.
- On-the-Spot Essay Writing: Applicants short-listed for Personal Interview are required to write a short essay before their interview. The essay topics are drawn from the applicants’ area of interest/expertise.
- In-person Interview: Applicants short-listed for Personal Interview are interviewed in Mumbai. There could be several rounds of interview for a candidate on the same day, depending on the need for further assessment.
Those interested in the fellowship can fill the application form here. Once registered, a system generated e-mail will be sent to the registered email id of the applicant.